Monday, June 30, 2008

Decisions

Okay, so I got asked today by my principal if I wanted to teach an advanced math class next year. Really flattered because it means she thinks that I'm competent and won't screw up the "smart" kids. Plus, when your principal "asks" you to do something, can you really say no?? I mean, I'm overwhelmed by how blessed I've been in the job department of my life. Almost too blessed!
The downside is that it means more prep work because instead of teaching just 2 subjects (math I and science), I would be teaching 3 (math I, math II, and science). And I don't think there is more pay involved...just more work. But in the education world, taking on more responsibility usually leads to more pay in other areas in some way. The other thing I'm worried about is the backlash from other teachers. My friend Amanda took this job last year and the rest of the department got kind of pissed at her because she was the youngest/newest and got offered the job over the veterans. And they weren't very nice about it. Not to mention, I'm not sure if that means that I'm being offered the job instead of Amanda or if they're planning on taking the class away from the other math II teacher. Double yikes!
Anyways, I'm pretty sure none of this makes sense, but I'm stressing out so I decided to share. Hopefully I make the right decision!

2 comments:

Janelle said...

I think you should take it- sounds like a great opportunity. Maybe they should clarify what they're offering you first to make sure you're not screwing over your friend & fellow co-worker. Yay that things are going so well!

I was talking about you tonight to my friend Natalie- We were chatting about the book 'Blue Like Jazz' and I told her how we went to visit Imago Dei just because of the book and how I kept calling out for Donald randomly throughout the service :)

PS.. It's only a matter of time before Brad finds your blog and starts commenting as well. I promise, I won't be the only one reading it.

alicia mae simmons said...

i found it too :)